Amazon Outlet Deals is a way to eliminate excess inventory in Amazon Fulfillment by Amazon. Either you can submit a withdrawal order, pay a long-term storage fee, or sell your inventory at big discounts to free up some cash and that’s where Amazon Outlet comes in.
Recognizing that many retailers will have languishing inventory in Amazon Fulfillment by Amazon over the past several months, to help increase sales of excess inventory and optimize product inventory levels, Amazon is reopening outlet listings in all markets. where they are available: United States, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy.
Amazon Outlet makes it easier than ever to find and submit eligible overstock products. You can now select Create Point of Sale Listing from the Recommendations drop-down menu on the Manage Excess Inventory page in all available markets. Previously, this feature was only available in the United States.
Vendor and product eligibility
To be eligible for Outlet, you must:
- Be a professional seller with an overall rating of at least 3.5 stars.
- Have items currently available for sale at Amazon fulfillment centers.
- Have a sales history.
- Have products in new condition.
- Follow Amazon’s product review policies and pricing policies.
- No ASIN is currently registered in Subscribe & Save.
Types of offers for Amazon Outlet Deals
There are two types of offers on Amazon Outlet Deals:
- Outlet offers are promotional offers submitted through the Create Outlet deal. The selected offers are presented on Outlet for a fixed period, generally two weeks.
- Outlet sales are the price reductions submitted through Create Sale. Selected sales are presented on Outlet based on factors such as customer demand and the star rating of the product.
How to Create Amazon Outlet Deals from Surplus Inventory
- Go to Manage excess stocks to create an Outlet offer
- Select the Create Outlet Offer button at the far right of the recommendation filters (“View recommendations by”) to find your eligible ASINs for Outlet offers.
- Select Create Outlet Offer from the drop-down menu on the right. This option will only appear for qualifying products.
- In the pop-up window, enter your price after reviewing the maximum recommended Outlet offer price.
- Check the start and end date of your Outlet offer. Click Submit.
Use Amazon Outlet Deals to maintain your IPI score
Remember that your Inventory Performance Index (IPI) score will not only determine how much inventory you can hold in Amazon FBA in the third quarter, ready for peak sales as Black Friday and Christmas approaches, but whether you have too low a score due to excess inventory, you might pay additional charges from August of this year. If you have too much stock, take a look at Amazon Outlet Deals to increase your IPI score.